Sunday, March 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!!
















Hey Dad~I just wanted to be the first to wish you a happy birthday!  Yes, I did get you something, and yes it is late but hopefully the thought is what counts.  I am stealing an idea from one of my friends who does this for all of her family members on their birthdays....Here are 56 cool things about my awesome dad in honor of his 56 years on this planet.

1.  He taught me to love the game of golf, someday I hope to have time to play again!
2.  He is an extremely hard worker.
3.  He works very hard to stay in shape.
4.  He has a mean outside hook shot on the basketball court.
5.  He doesn't mind that his sons take all of his best ties, socks, and shorts.
6.  He knows how to laugh at himself and has a great sense of humor.
7.  He is very mellow.
8.  He has the best blue eyes and passed them on to some of us kids and also to a few grandkids.
9.  He loves those BYU Cougars.
10.  He has raised 9 kids and is still mostly sane.
11.  He can SELL anything!
12.  HE went back to school in his 40's to get his CPA.....someday I would love to go back to school to get my masters as well.
13.  He is an awesome grandpa.
14.  He has been the scoutmaster lots of times.
15.  He grew up in the teeny tiny town of Roberts, ID.
16.  He has the best stories about growing up there and got into a lot of mischief with his brothers and friends.
17.  He is very easygoing.
18.  He loves loves loves graham crackers and milk.
19.  He is not so good at containing fires in the backyard.
20.  He always puts Mom first.
21.  He taught all of us the value of hard work.
22.  He is a whopping 6'6" man trapped in a 5'10" body.
23.  He taught me to let things roll off of my back.
24.  He always set a good example of studying his scriptures and living the gospel.
25.  He loves root beer floats.
26.  He has very cool mission stories from being in Thailand in the early 70s.
27.  He can drive for hours on end listening to fuzzy AM radio.
28.  He always drives his cars to their maximum limit and may have set world records for high mileage.
29.  He has listened to Rush Limbaugh for as long as I can remember.
30.  He loves chinese food.
31.He was always very generous with the Maverick card.
32.  He is a good listener.
33.  He looks terrific for 56 and could pass for 36:)  
34.  He can fall asleep anytime anywhere.
35.  He let me tag along with him on his morning runs on my bike when I was 7 years old~I still remember this so I should probably do the same for my kids.
36.  He grew up in the coolest 100 year old stone house....I have so many great memories from visiting there growing up.  It was a magical place as a young child.
37.  I am not sure if he really likes Mr Goodbars but we have been giving them to him for years thinking they are his favorite.
38.  I can't remember him losing his temper on very many occasions.
39.  He has a great laugh.
40.  He knows the value of a power nap.
41.  He set a great example to his sons on how to be  good husband and father.
42.  He has a very kind heart.
43.  He took time to come to my high school golf tournaments even though I wasn't very good.
44.  He loves to hear about his kids and grandkids.
45.  He will probably never retire.
46.  He will try to fix almost anything.
47.  He always leads clean up duty after dinner as well as potato peeling before dinner.
48.  He passed on his love for learning to all of us. 
49.  Cracked windshields  don't bother him in the least bit.
50.  He is very humble and doesn't flaunt his many successes.
51.  He taught me the art of sprinkling a bit of sugar onto my cereal.
52.  He loves to sing corny songs and play his guitar.
53.  He is very conscious of others' feelings.
54.  He has a great collection of books that I  am very envious of.
55.  He would help anyone in need and is very generous with his time and wisdom.
56.  He is the greatest Dad ever and has always been an excellent example and friend to me.

Happy Birthday Dad!  I love you!


2 comments:

Jared & Kayla said...

About 19. containing backyard fires. I don't think it was all his fault. I may have played a part in not watching that one.
Jared

Ashley said...

yes i must say many of us are appreciative of the maverick card